- Do I need to move my business out of my commercial property during the fire restoration process?
- What are some safety concerns for mould in my home?
- What about the wet office furniture?
Depending on the extent of damage from the fire, this is ultimately your decision. Some things you may want to consider are safety concerns, odours, electricity, and disruption to your business as a result of the equipment, work and noise that may be necessary to complete the restoration process. If vacating your premises during the process, consider informing all customers and associates; forwarding your mail to your temporary location; stopping or redirecting pickups and deliveries; and notifying all utility companies, of the temporary suspension of services to your usual business location during the restoration process.
There are often health risks associated with finding mould in your home, including allergy-like respiratory symptoms, skin irritation, cold and flu symptoms, headaches, nausea and mould-induced asthma. It’s important to know the causes of the mould growth before it occurs, so you can work to avoid damage to both your health and your home.
The extent of damage and the construction of the furniture will determine if it can be restored. The furniture must be dried before damage can be adequately assessed. Non-salvageable furniture will be documented for you and if any items need to be discarded, a customer release form will need to be signed.